- The Community Security Trust has launched a joint initiative with a leading British Muslim support group to offer advice for victims and witnesses of hate crimes.
- The guidebook is written in collaboration with the Tell MAMA organization and backed by the Crown Prosecution Service.
- The CST claims it is an “important tool” in tackling a rising tide of antisemitism and Islamophobia in the UK.
- Although the guide focuses on antisemitism and anti-Muslim hatred, the contained advice can, be also be applied by anybody who has experienced any kind of hate crime, which occurred due to religion, race, sexuality, age, disability, gender or any other characteristic.
- This collaborative guide is seen as an important tool for all those affected by hate crimes in understanding their rights, and how to navigate the complicated criminal justice system.
Get guide here: https://tellmamauk.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Hate-Crime-A-guide-for-those-affected.pdf
Read full article here!