With Ramadan fast approaching, many Muslim charities are gearing up for what is usually the busiest time of the year in the Muslim charity sector. The commencement of Ramadan often brings a huge influx of donations and interest in charity work, that’s why it’s an important time to get clued up about the charity sector. If you’re regularly giving to charities, or even making a one-off donation in Ramadan, here are some practical pointers to help you ensure your money is getting where it needs to go.
- Check the charity status on the charity commission website.
- Check their Charities Choice report
- Find out what they really do
- Does the charity have access to the country they claim to be working on?
- Look for documentation and evidence.
- The difference between On The Ground and Working With Partners.
- Admin fees are important.
- Don’t forget the Gift Aid!